Claire Warne

June 3rd, 2014

GCC – we’re out of the starting blocks and on our way around the globe

Claire Warne

June 3rd, 2014

With great anticipation and excitement last week,  a very respectable six teams from Residences kicked off the Global Corporate Challenge (GCC).

Together we’ve walked, danced, run, cycled, paced up and down the kitchen and hiked across London in our first week to reach Paris, Rouen and Bruges. Some further…

There have been reports, of team captains trying to trick other teams into eating chocolate, we’ve had secret team missions and some colleagues got so carried away they even forgot who was in their team.  It has provided me with endless entertainment this weekend.

For team ‘On top of the world’ Mark Beale went cycling at 4am on Sunday, Simon Lee climbed Cheddar Gorge,  Samantha Da Costa shopped and danced, Andy Farrell treked across London and me, well,  I walked for three days. I haven’t slept and my dog can’t move anymore but I’ve hit a personal best so that’s all good.

Team Captains – keep those team members stepping and those stories coming.

A note for reference; hoovering (Claire) and grass strimming (Konni) didn’t clock up many steps!! Although depressing the clutch in the car (Simon) does!!

Claire Warne

Divisional Administrator, Residential Services

Posted In: Uncategorized