Claire Warne

Congratulations to Lydia Halls

Claire Warne

Congratulations to Lydia Halls

Lydia Halls PictureCongratulations to our Residential Life Officer, Lydia Halls who is moving to the Student Advice Team in January. Lydia has contributed to many projects since joining the Residential Life team. Always willing to help, friendly and enthusiastic she has been an asset to the Residences Team and we will miss her contributions to daily office life! We wish her every success in her new venture.

When asked the big question about what were her highlights working in the Residences Division were, Lydia said:

“It’s been a pleasure being part of a team that is so focussed on the experience of students in LSE residences. I’ve had the opportunity to work with so many colleagues within our  division, from those who I see on a daily basis to those I see less frequently in other parts of campus and in the Halls of Residence.

During the past year, I’ve been fortunate enough to get involved with many projects. Looking back, I’ve learned and accomplished a fair amount! Some personal highlights include:

• The work I’ve done with students, from organising an Orientation Programme for residents of Urbanest Tower Bridge when I first started, to my recent event for residents staying in London over the Christmas and New Year’s vacation.
  • Helping to support the Subwardens and Student Hall Committee members. It’s been a privilege getting to see them grow and develop throughout the year.
  • Implementing the pilot of the student-led University of London Residences Ambassador programme to help improve the experience of LSE students living in intercollegiate accommodation.
  • Welcoming  a delegation of US Higher Education personnel to LSE as part of the NASPA/AMOSSHE exchange.
  • Inviting LSE Governors and Heads of student-facing departments to connect  with the LSE residential experience by  sharing dinner with students in catered halls (“Chow Down”).

Thank you everyone for being so supportive during my time in Residential Services. I’m excited to continue working with many of you in a different capacity as part of my new role in the Student Advice Team. I wish you all a merry Christmas and all the best for the future.”

Claire Warne

Divisional Administrator, Residential Services

Posted In: Staff events